1. Personal Information We Collect
a. Personal Information You Provide to Us
- Correspondence and other communication: When you contact us, including about the Services, via the website (for example via the Contact Us or Support pages), email, telephone, social media or by other means, you provide us with Personal Information, such as your full name, organization name, email address, phone number, state, country and the content of your communications.
- Event information: When you express you interest or register for an event or webinar (co-)organized by us, you provide us with Personal Information such as your full name, organization name, email address, phone number, state, country and the event or webinar you are interested in.
- Employment and background information: When you register your interest with us for a job, via our Services or by other means, we will collect information to allow us to assess your suitability for open positions, including your full name, email address, postal address and telephone number. You will also provide information contained in your resume or CV and your cover letter including your education, professional and training history and details of any other relevant skills.
- Grant application information: When you apply for or participate in our grant program, you may provide us with Personal Information such as your full name, contact information and an abstract of a project employing our technology.
- Purchase and delivery information: You may also provide us with Personal Information if you decide to purchase a product from our Services, such as your order and payment information to make a purchase and shipping information to receive a purchase.
b. Personal Information We Collect via Automated Means
- Device data: When you visit our Services, we collect Personal Information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, unique device identifiers (including device IP address).
- Usage data: When you access and use the Services, we receive and store Personal Information about your interactions with the Services, such as the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, data transferred including videos watched, the time spent on those pages, browsing history, information about your activity on page or screen, information about transactions conducted on the website, other “clickstream” data, whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them and other statistics.
c. Information We Receive from Third Parties
The third parties below process your Personal Information in accordance with their own privacy policies. Please review these policies carefully before using their services.
- Social media information: We maintain pages on social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Research Gate. You or the platform providers may provide us with information through the social media platform. We will treat such information in accordance with this Policy.
- Other sources: We may obtain your Personal Information from other third parties, such as data brokers, marketing partners, event providers, lead generators and publicly-available sources.
2. How We Use your Personal Information
We will use your Personal Information for one or more of the purposes set out below.
How we use your Personal Information and our lawful basis
|Providing you with the Services.
|Performance of Contractual Obligations
We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain and provide you with the Services. In particular we will use your Personal Information to perform our contractual obligation towards you to allow you to browse the Services and to make purchases.
|Providing you with support and to respond to your requests and complaints.
|Performance of Contractual Obligations
If you reach out to us for support, we will perform our contractual obligation towards you by using your Personal Information to respond and resolve your queries and facilitate support. The Personal Information we process when doing so includes your correspondence with us, your contact details, and to the extent applicable other Personal Information processed about you when you use our Services.
|Communicate with you about our Services.
It is in our legitimate interests to communicate with you about our Services including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. We may also use your Personal Information to administer a contest, survey or other feature we offer on our Services. The Personal Information we process when doing so includes your contact details, and usage data.
|To organize events and webinars.
It is in our legitimate interest to organize and allow you to participate in events and webinars.
|To assess your grant application and offer grants.
|Performance of Contractual Obligations
When you apply for or participate in our grant program, we will use your Personal Information to perform our contractual obligation towards you to assess your application and to contact you regarding your application and a possible grant.
|To assess your suitability for job vacancies.
It is in our legitimate interests to assess your suitability for job vacancies. The Personal Information we process when doing so includes your employment and background information, information captured as part of the recruitment process, and information we receive from third parties.
|Improve or monitor usage of our Services and to protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity.
It is in our legitimate interests to improve our Services and to keep our Services safe for our users, which includes conducting troubleshooting, testing and research and to keep the Services secure. When doing so we may use Personal Information that we automatically collect about you such as usage and device information.
|To monitor and analyze trends and use of our Services.
It is in our legitimate interests to analyze the use of our Services. When doing so, we will process Personal Information that we automatically collect about you or that is generated about you when you use the Services.
We use your Personal Information to send you marketing communications (and to manage our marketing processes) where you have provided your consent to receive these communications. We will only do this in line with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by selecting the unsubscribe link in any email we send you, or by contacting us.
We use your Personal Information to send you marketing communications (and to manage our marketing processes) where we are legally allowed to do so without having received your consent. For example, in some countries we are allowed to send marketing communications to business email addresses without receiving prior consent. You can opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by selecting the unsubscribe link in any email we send you, or by contacting us.
|To enforce the Ultivue Standard Terms and Conditions, to comply with legal obligations and to defend Ultivue against legal claims or disputes.
It is in our legitimate interests to enforce and comply with our terms and policies, to ensure the integrity of our Services and to defend ourselves against legal claims or disputes. Where we do so, we will use the Personal Information relevant to such a case. Some processing may also be necessary to comply with a legal obligation placed on Ultivue, for example to keep records of transactions, or as requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
It is in our legitimate interests to aggregate or anonymize Personal Information in a form that does not allow you to be personally identified and use the resulting information for statistical analysis regarding the use of the Services, such as to better understand our customer base, or for other purposes.
We only rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis when such legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms and we ensure we comply with any request you make to exercise your rights. If, where we are processing your Personal Information to perform our contract with you, you do not provide the Personal Information, we may not be able to conclude or fulfill such contract.
- Pixels: A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification that typically works in conjunction with cookies to identify users and record user behavior. We use pixels to learn whether you have interacted with certain web or email content. This helps us measure and improve the Services and personalize your experience.
- Local Storage: Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage, including HTML5, to customize what we show you based on your content consumption and other past interactions with the Services.
We use the following types cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the Services to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They allow us to enable security, prevent fraud and debug the website and are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for Services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the Services will not work.
- Analytical or Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Services. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Services. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our Services and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional cookies: These are used to recognize you when you return to our Services. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your account preferences.
- Marketing cookies: These cookies are used by third-party advertisers or publishers to display personalized advertising. They do this by tracking your activity across websites.
We use both persistent cookies and session cookies. Persistent cookies stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them, while session cookies are deleted once you close your web browser. The cookies placed through your use of our Services are either set by us (first-party cookies) or by a third party at our request (third-party cookies)
- View your cookies or other locally stored data and delete them on an individual basis;
- Block first-party and/or third-party cookies or similar technology;
- Block all cookies or similar technologies from being set; or
- Delete all cookies or similar technologies when you close your browser.
4. Google Analytics
To help us better understand how people engage with the Services, we work with external analytics partners such as Google, and we have adopted the Google Analytics service. Like many websites, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions. In our case, these Cookies are used to collect information about how users use our Services (e.g., time of visit, number of visits, and the referring website). This information is used to compile reports, which disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors, and help us improve our website. For more information on Google Analytics, click here. You can learn more about Google’s privacy practices by clicking here.
You can prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics on our website by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser, available at the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on. You can also block or delete these Cookies by changing the browser settings as explained below.
How long a Google Analytics cookie remains on your computer or device depends on what it is and what it is used for, as some will be session cookies and some will be persistent cookies. You can delete Google Cookies and other Cookies at any time by clearing your cache.
5. How Do We Share your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to third parties, unless to the following recipients and in the following circumstances:
- Services Providers: We rely on trusted third parties who assist us in providing the Services and for the purposes as set out above, such as providers of website analytics, hosting and cloud computing services, fulfilling product orders, delivering services, IT function, payment (including credit card or bank transfer) processing, credit rating agencies and other administrative services, including HubSpot, Salesforce, Greenhouse.io, Tidio, Wistia, Google Analytics, Unbounce, Demio, Calendly, iCapture, Zapier, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, NetSuite, RingCentral, and Zoom. These third parties have access to your Personal Information to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. They are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
- Advisors: We work with various advisors, including tax consultants and legal advisors, with whom we may share your Personal Information.
- Legal: We may also disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, public authorities or pursuant to the exercise of legal proceedings if we are legally required to do so, or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our polices, the Ultivue Standard Terms and Conditions, to protect our or others’ rights, property or safety or for the purposes of preventing or detecting an unlawful act.
- Business Transaction: If Ultivue is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, financing due diligence, reorganisation, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of services to another provider, your Personal Information may be sold, transferred or otherwise shared including as part of any due diligence process.
6. Your rights and choices
You may have the following rights, as provided under applicable law and subject to any limitations in such law:
- To access the Personal Information we hold about you;
- To request we correct any inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you;
- To request we delete any Personal Information we hold about you;
- To restrict the processing of Personal Information we hold about you;
- To object to the processing of Personal Information we hold about you; and/or
- To receive any Personal Information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine readable format or have such Personal Information transmitted to another company.
Please note that, prior to any response to the exercise of such rights, we may require you to verify your identify. In addition, we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request, and will inform you if that is the case. For more information on your rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below.
7. International Data Transfers
If you provide us with your Personal Information when using the Services from the EEA, the UK or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing.
If we transfer your Personal Information internationally, these countries may not provide the same protections as the data protection laws where you are based. We will ensure that relevant safeguards are in place to afford adequate protection for your Personal Information and we will comply with applicable data protection laws. In particular if you reside in the EEA or the UK we rely on an adequacy decision by the EU Commission or an adequacy regulation by the UK government, on contractual protections for the transfer of your Personal Information or a derogation if available. For more information about how we transfer Personal Information internationally, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
8. Security of Personal Information
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially-acceptable means of protecting it. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, misuse, loss, disclosure, alteration and destruction of Personal Information we process. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, in accordance with our retention policies, and in accordance with applicable laws or until you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we use your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
10. Links to Other Sites
Our Services may contain links to other sites. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that site. Note that these external sites are not operated by us. Therefore, we strongly advise you to review the privacy policies of these websites. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or Services.
11. Children’s Privacy
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. In the case we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information without verification of parental consent, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us so that we will be able to take necessary actions.
If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to respond to your complaint as soon as possible. You can also report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns. In the EEA, this is the data protection authority in the country in which you live or work, or where you believe we have infringed data protection laws.
14. Contact Us
USA (HQ) – Ultivue, Inc.
763D Concord Avenue,
Cambridge, MA 02138-1044, USA
Europe – Ultivue EMEA Srl
15 20090 Segrate, Milano, Italy